“I don’t have anything to wear!” said every woman at one point in their lives. Well if you’re like the majority, you do in fact have clothes to wear, you just don’t L O V E them. Why let your clothes sit untouched and unworn in your closet? It’s time to put on your big girl panties and do a pain-staking purge. The bigger the pile of clothes the bigger the bucks!
Go through your closet and take out anything you haven’t worn in the past year including things you’re just keeping “if the occasion arises.” You’re going to want to be brutally honest. A few questions you might want to ask yourself are:
- Have I worn this in the last 12 months? If not, will I really wear it again?
- If I was shopping right now, would I buy this?
- Does this fit? Do I feel confident when I wear this?
- Does this fit my current style?
Once you’ve managed to get yourself (and the clothes) together you’ll want to sort through any stained or damaged clothing and put it where it belongs, in the trash. Obviously keep the items that are in relatively good condition.
Now that you’ve wiped away your blood, sweat, and tears it’s time to list your items on Poshmark. Poshmark is “the leading marketplace to buy and sell fashion.” You can either use their website or download the app. I personally use the app more because of its convenience. List your goodies and await your cash! While you’re on the app follow me . Sell away, or should I say shop?
Here are some personal tips for listings:
- Take good quality photos (include multiple photos)
- Short and sweet descriptions
- Fast replies to offers, questions, or comments
- Share your listings daily or weekly
- Handwritten ‘thank you’ notes inside of your packages